As Seen On
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
Los Angeles Car Accident Resources
- Why Should I Hire A Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer?
- Common Causes For Los Angeles Car Accidents
- Which Roads & Intersections In Los Angeles Are The Most Dangerous?
- Types Of Car Accidents
- Common Injuries In Car Accidents
- How Much Is A Car Accident Worth In Los Angeles?
- How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
- What Can A Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
- When To Hire A Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
- Get A Free Consultation From Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys Today
Why Should I Hire A Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer?At The Capital Law Firm, our auto accident lawyers have the experience to handle all sorts of different complex car accident cases. We’ve practiced personal injury law throughout Los Angeles for years, so we know what you’re up against in terms of the adjusters at insurance companies and what it takes to develop and execute a successful car accident claim. We’ve recovered millions to support car accident survivors and their families, and we’ll always be prepared to do whatever is necessary to help you obtain the settlement that provides the best possibilities for your long-term future. When you reach out to our Los Angeles car accident law firm for assistance, we’ll help with the following:
- Providing crash victims and their loved ones with the legal guidance and support that you’ll undoubtedly need during these troubling times.
- Actually listening to your side of the car accident story during your initial consultation to better develop our investigation and devise your best course for legal action.
- Conducting a thorough examination detailing the collision and all of the minor details and decisions of all involved parties that lead up to the motor vehicle accident.
- Gathering all necessary evidence and closely scrutinizing the details that comprise some of the finer details of the accident case. This will include examining photos/video footage, police reports, witness statements, medical records, and whatever other evidence that helps us determine the causation of the accident and who’s ultimately liable for the subsequent damages.
- Being your official communication representative when you need to have conversations with all interested parties associated with the accident case, including insurance companies.
- Working diligently to minimize and disprove any claims that ascertain your share of responsibility towards the crash’s causation.
- Consulting with many different authority figures, including injury specialists and auto accident experts, throughout the entirety of your personal injury case. These specialists will be of particular importance as we determine the overall value of your car accident claim.
Common Causes For Los Angeles Car AccidentsThere are countless ways in which motor vehicle crashes can occur, although it’s safe to say that most collisions occur due to some kind of distracted driving. The California Office of Traffic Safety releases car accident statistics each year, and Statista has concluded that 3,723 car accident deaths occurred in California just in 2020. In Los Angeles, car accidents are an all too frequent occurrence throughout the city’s freeways and busy traffic grid. So let’s take a closer look at some of the most common causes for Los Angeles car accidents:
Distracted DrivingDistracted driving has become a rather ubiquitous term for a whole variety of ways in which an individual driver will divert their eyes/attention away from the road. This also applies to any instances in which a driver will take their hands off their steering wheel, or even simply when a driver’s mind wanders off from their present task at hand of driving their vehicle. Some common dangerous distractions include the following:
- Drinking or eating
- Adjusting a music system/radio
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Listening to podcasts/audiobooks
- Driver fatigue
- Attending to or having conversations with passengers
- Browsing the Internet while driving
- Setting up GPS coordinates
- Applying makeup
- Texting/sending digital messages via a mobile device
- Other types of personal grooming
Following Too CloselyIt’s sometimes difficult for drivers to maintain safe distances between other vehicles when roads are really congested, and this is a dilemma that many people in Los Angeles face on a daily basis on the I-405 and other freeways. It’s very unfortunate that many drivers throughout Southern California will follow cars much too closely, which is also referred to as tailgating. Tailgating ends up causing a massive amount of car accidents throughout Los Angeles, and this traffic violation will commonly result in a rear-end collision that constitutes around 30% of all car crashes in Los Angeles County.
Failure To YieldWhen people are driving throughout Los Angeles, they’ll always need to be alert and perfectly aware of changing traffic patterns. Los Angeles drivers must also always be very vigilant to ensure that they’re constantly abiding by all traffic laws. Failures to yield occur in countless different roadway scenarios, and they result in two vehicles entering the same space at the exact same time. This undoubtedly is very dangerous, and it’s unfortunate that many drivers choose to ignore these traffic rules and put other people in harm’s way.
SpeedingSpeeding just so happens to be a very serious issue throughout all of Los Angeles, and this is partly because the LAPD is mostly too busy with other serious crimes to monitor the speeds at which vehicles travel throughout the city. Speeding is so commonplace in Los Angeles to the point that just about every driver is traveling at a speed of about five to ten miles per hour over the posted speed limit. This casual acceptance of speeding represents a very serious issue throughout Los Angeles’ roads, and this is because speeding is one of the most common contributing factors to severe/fatal collisions.
Drunk/Drugged DrivingDrinking and driving continue to be an incredibly serious motor vehicle issue throughout Los Angeles that contributes to countless injuries and car accident fatalities. Most people understand why drinking and driving are so dangerous, but some of the most crucial impairments to drivers that alcohol and drugs impose include the following:
- Slower reaction times
- Erratic driving behavior
- The proclivity to speed or drive recklessly
- Experiencing reduced situational awareness
Passing ImproperlyThere are plenty of roadway scenarios in which a driver breaches their personal duty of care when passing another vehicle on a freeway or other type of road. This in turn ends up being the cause of countless car accidents in Los Angeles. Improper passing is an ever-present danger throughout the city’s streets and highways, and it constitutes a legally negligent action when it results in a person getting injured or deceased.
Road DefectsThere are some instances in which the actual road’s design or lack of maintenance contributes to the causation of a motor vehicle collision. This can include defects like uneven terrain, obscured signage, potholes, sharp curves, and much more. This type of car accident cause can make the personal injury litigation process somewhat more complicated, because you may potentially have the right to seek compensation from the city of Los Angeles due to their negligence associated with roadway upkeep.
Defective Equipment And Vehicle Product DefectsThere are also plenty of scenarios in which a product defect in someone’s vehicle ends up causing a car accident, and a common example of this would be when a car’s brakes fail. In this type of rare situation, the vehicle manufacturer may be the at-fault party that’s ultimately liable for the damages associated with the collision.
Which Roads & Intersections In Los Angeles Are The Most Dangerous?Although car wrecks happen all throughout the Los Angeles Metro Area, recent research has concluded that there are certain areas within the city that see more car accidents than others. Some notably dangerous intersections and roads throughout Los Angeles include the following:
- Van Nuys: Supelveda Blvd. & Sherman Way
- Vermont Knolls: Figueroa St. & Manchester Ave.
- Panorama City: Roscoe Blvd. & Van Nuys Blvd.
- Van Nuys: Sepulveda Blvd. & Burbank Blvd.
- Northridge: Nordhoff St. & Tampa Ave.
- Valley Glen: Coldwater Canyon Ave. & Sherman Way
- Van Nuys: Woodman Ave. & Sherman Way
- Vermont Vista: Figueroa St. & Imperial Highway
- Lake Balboa: Victory Blvd. & Balboa Blvd.
- West Hills: Victory Blvd. & Fallbrook Ave.
- Porter Ranch: Reseda Blvd. & Devonshire St.
- Valley Glen: Whitsett Ave. & Sherman Way
- Van Nuys: Victory Blvd. & Sepulveda Blvd.
- Van Nuys: Kester Ave. & Sherman Way
- Broadway-Manchester: Main St. & Imperial Highway
- Panorama City: Arminta St. & Van Nuys
- Winnetka: Winnetka Ave. & Saticoy St.
- Van Nuys: Erwin St. & Sepulveda Blvd.
- Northridge: Plummer St. & Tampa St.
Types Of Car AccidentsThere are countless different types of motor vehicle collisions that happen on a daily basis throughout Los Angeles and California, and scary scenarios like T-bone wrecks, rear-end collisions, pedestrian accidents, hit and run accidents, dangerous fender benders, Uber accidents, truck accidents, vehicle rollovers, and single-vehicle accidents occur constantly. The following are five of the most common types of auto accidents that will undoubtedly require the assistance of a Los Angeles motor vehicle accident lawyer when the incident wasn’t your fault:
1. Side-Impact CollisionsAccording to the Insurance Institute For Highway Safety, about 27% of auto accidents are side-impact collisions, and these accidents are strikingly dangerous due to less space being on the sides of vehicles. This is particularly troublesome because the vehicle is less likely to absorb the crash’s impact and properly shield passengers. Common terminology for a side-impact collision is a T-bone crash, and this entails a perpendicular side impact that tends to occur at intersections when a vehicle runs a red light.
2. Collisions While MergingThis is a very common type of accident that occurs on Los Angeles’ freeways, and it occurs when one car sideswipes another when two lanes of traffic are merging into one lane. The vast majority of these scenarios result from the merging driver’s negligence because they’ll tend to improperly check their blind spots as they come into a new lane.
3. Rear-End CollisionsThe National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has concluded that rear-end accidents account for nearly 30% of all motorway accidents throughout the United States, and in Los Angeles, these accidents are all too common and mostly caused by tailgating. Distracted drivers will many times be following a vehicle too closely and not have enough space to avoid a collision when traffic unexpectedly slows down, and this is why it’s always best to change lanes if someone is tailgating behind you.
4. Head-On CollisionsHead-on collisions are always very dangerous and frequently fatal, and these types of accidents will typically occur when vehicles are driving at high speeds. Head-on collisions don’t always involve two cars, and many times a vehicle will impact objects like road signs, trees and animals. Many head-on collisions will also involve a driver driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. Multi-Vehicle AccidentsThese roadway collisions will entail three or more vehicles, and in Los Angeles, these types of accidents occur on highways and other high-speed roadways. Multiple vehicles will subsequently result in multiple angles of impact, which can always lead to serious injuries. What’s worse is that many multi-vehicle accidents are rather difficult to avoid, and many accident victims will be caught in between two or more negligent drivers and have little or no time to react.
Common Injuries In Car AccidentsIt’s unfortunate how the vast majority of vehicle collisions throughout Los Angeles will result in passenger injuries, including somewhat minor fender benders. When you experience an injury as a result of your accident, it can put your entire life out of whack, which is why you’ll need an auto accident lawyer in LA to help you gain the compensation that you deserve to cover your injuries. Some of the most common injuries associated with car accidents include the following:
· Cuts and scrapes
· Head and brain injuries
· Broken ribs
· Other broken bones
· Eye injuries
· Spinal cord injuries
· Soft tissue damage
· Crushing injuries
· Internal bleeding
· Knee trauma
· Herniated disc
· PTSD and other psychological pain
· And much more…
How Much Is A Car Accident Worth In Los Angeles?It’s always important for car wreck survivors to understand that they should never underestimate just how much of an impact an unexpected car crash can have on their overall quality of life and personal finances. You’ll likely be capable of recovering all sorts of different damages, including recovery for your lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and a lot more. The only true way to ensure that you’re getting a comprehensive accident case evaluation is to work directly with an experienced Los Angeles car accident law firm, and the following questions are what we’ll go over with you to determine the overall value of your car accident claim:
· How serious are your injuries, and will you require surgery or hospitalization?
· Will, you require physical therapy or other professional rehabilitation to ensure your full recovery?
· Do your injuries prevent you from successfully returning to your job? If so, how long will you be out of work?
· How exactly has the car accident and your subsequent injuries detrimentally affected your daily life?
· Do you require assistance with daily activities, like bathing, eating, or getting dressed?
· Did your injury leave you disfigured or paralyzed?
· How has the accident and your injuries impacted you on a mental/emotional level?
· Are you currently suffering from anxiety, depression, or other mental health dilemmas as a result of your injuries?
· What extent of property/vehicle damage was sustained in the crash?
Our law firm has supported countless car accident victims for many years, and we’ve made sure to team up with incredible accident reconstruction specialists and other experts throughout the Los Angeles Metro Area to support us in developing professionally guided case values. So when we work with our team of specialists, we’ll be more capable of digging deeper into the more intricate details of your case and better understand what its exact worth is.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?The Capital Law Firm works on a contingency basis, which means that you won’t have to worry about any costs whatsoever while you’re hiring us for your car accident claims, and we won’t be paid until we win your case and obtain your full and rightful compensation. We’ll even front all of the associated costs of your car accident case, which means we’re the ones that are assuming any and all financial risks. Our team will only be paid once we’ve successfully negotiated your settlements with insurance companies and the at-fault party. Although many personal injury cases don’t go to court, we’ll be fully prepared to secure a favorable verdict on your behalf if necessary. Once we’ve won your case, our Los Angeles car crash attorneys will recover a percentage of your net award that we’ve previously agreed upon. It really is a simple process from an accident victim’s standpoint, because there are absolutely no financial risks.
What Can A Car Accident Lawyer Do For Me?The main objective of a Los Angeles car accident lawyer is always going to be to obtain their client’s full and rightful compensation for all of their damages, but this is a lot easier said than done and requires many different intricate services. Some of the main things that a car accident lawyer can do for you include the following:
· Help you understand your legal rights
· Offer you legal advice and devise a strategy for legal action
· Fully investigating your case
· Assessing the extent of your damages
· Calling on medical professionals and other specialists to develop a thorough case value
· Being your official negotiator during settlement agreement procedures
· Representing you in California civil court So there’s no doubt about it that it’s worth it to hire a Los Angeles car accident lawyer.
When To Hire A Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney?When you’ve experienced injuries and property damage in a car accident that was caused by another driver’s negligence or recklessness, then it’s time to hire an experienced Los Angeles motor vehicle accident lawyer. However, it will always be beneficial for your case when you prepare information prior to our initial consultation. Of course, there are instances in which an accident victim will share part of the blame for the collision’s occurrence, and this is still ok due to California’s car accident laws oriented around the comparative fault. We’ll be sure to thoroughly evaluate every detail of your case to better understand your legal rights and what financial recovery you’re entitled to, and then we’ll work tirelessly to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve.
Get A Free Consultation From Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorneys TodayThe Capital Law Firm will be there for you or your loved one when someone else’s negligence causes a car accident in California that you’re involved in. Our qualified Los Angeles car accident lawyers will do whatever it takes to secure your full and fair compensation settlement. Contact us online or call us at 213-397-0414 to get in touch with our legal team and schedule your free consultation today.
Recent Case Results
Request a Free Consultation
Meet the Attorney
The CAPITAL Law Firm was founded by Attorney Joshua J. Zokaeem. Mr. Joshua Zokaeem is the managing partner and principal at The CAPITAL Law Firm.
Recent Case Results
Request a Free Consultation
Meet the Attorney
Use Our Free Case Evaluator
SEE IF YOU PRE-QUALIFY
Get In Touch
Fax: (310) 744-0110
11111 Santa Monica Blvd #100, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Disclaimer: This site contains general information only. It is not intended to provide legal advice, nor does it substitute for the professional judgment of The CAPITAL Law Firm concerning the facts and the laws that apply in your individual case.
THIS IS AN ADVERTISING PLATFORM
This is for advertisement only and should not be intended for legal advice. For legal advice, please call The CAPITAL Law Firm 310-363-0403.