If you have been involved in a car crash, it is important to consult a car accident attorney right away. And, having the best car accident lawyer in Los Angeles on your side is not just a choice…it’s a necessity!
At The Capital Law Firm, we understand the turmoil that can follow a crash. A simple wrong turn or failure to notice traffic signals may lead to dire circumstances. You may have physical injuries or have suffered emotional trauma. You most likely have bills to pay. Your quality of life may be affected.
Our team has the experience to guide you through the legal process. We are dedicated to helping victims like you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve. We believe in winning by caring.
Do you need to hire a Los Angeles personal injury attorney specializing in car accidents?
Los Angeles is one of the top cities for traffic congestion and poor road conditions. These factors make car accidents common.
Have you been in a car accident in southern California? Are you suffering from spinal cord injuries? Medical bills? Lost wages? Emotional trauma?
The lawyer you hire following a car accident is one of the most important decisions you can make. Having an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side is important. It can greatly affect the amount of money you receive.
Our experienced car accident lawyers at The Capital Law Firm can help you. We will guide you through the complex legal process. Rest assured, we will do everything to help you get the compensation you need to cover your suffering and expenses.
Don’t try to go it alone. There are many ways a car accident attorney can help you.
Here are three reasons why a personal injury lawyer is essential to have:
- Inadequate Settlement Offers: Insurance companies may offer settlements that are far less than what you deserve. An experienced personal injury attorney can fight for a better outcome. Don’t settle for less! Let us fight for what you truly deserve. A car accident attorney can assess the true value of your case. They will negotiate a settlement that addresses all of your losses.
- Statute of Limitations: In California, there are specific time limits to file a car accident lawsuit. This legal time frame is called a statute of limitations. If you wait too long to file your claim, you may not be able to seek compensation. A personal injury lawyer will make sure your case is filed within the legal time frame.
- Property Damage Disputes: Was your car severely damaged? Dealing with insurance companies can be tricky. A personal injury lawyer can help. They can contact the insurance company and fight to get you the money to repair or replace your car.
Don’t wait. Let our team of professionals at The Capital Law Firm help you make sense of your situation. If you are a car accident victim, car accident lawyers from The Capital Law Firm can give you the answers and support that you need.
What are the different types of car accidents?
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Here are some common types of car accidents in Los Angeles County:
Rear-end collisions typically happen when one vehicle follows another too closely. If the car in front stops suddenly, the car behind may crash into its back bumper. Sometimes, road conditions or distracted driving lead to this type of accident. Whiplash is a common injury from this type of crash. It occurs when your head snaps forward, then back, due to the force of the impact.
T-Bone (Side-Impact) Collisions:
T-Bone collisions often happen at intersections. One vehicle fails to yield the right of way to another. Running red lights or stop signs can lead to this type of collision.
Front-end or Head-on Collisions:
Front-end collisions can have severe consequences. They are often caused by wrong-way driving. The driver may have been intoxicated. Or, they may have been driving without a license.
Collisions between cars and bicycles:
This type of accident may be caused by not following the proper lane. Some cars do not share the road with bicyclists in a safe way. Other times, the person in a car may open their door, not knowing a cyclist is behind them. This is called “dooring,” and can lead to the cyclist being injured.
Single-vehicle accidents involve only one car. They can happen because of distracted driving, speeding, or impaired driving. Or, they may be caused by road hazards or weather conditions.
Rollover accidents involve a vehicle tipping over onto its side or roof. They can be caused by sudden swerves, high-speed turns, and top-heavy vehicles.
This type of accident is also called a chain-reaction collision. It often occurs on highways and involves many cars crashing into each other from behind. If a driver is distracted, they may not be able to stop in time. Or, weather conditions, such as fog, can reduce visibility.
This kind of accident occurs when one vehicle brushes against the side of another. It may happen when a car merges onto a freeway. It can also occur if a driver changes lanes without looking.
Accidents where cars hit people walking can be deadly. Drivers may not see the pedestrian, especially at night. Or, they may not yield to someone in a crosswalk.
If a driver gets into an accident and then leaves the scene, it is called a hit-and-run accident. They may leave someone in need of help to fend for themselves. These drivers may be afraid of the consequences of what they have done. Or, they may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Parking Lot Accidents:
These accidents occur at low speeds in parking lots and garages. One car may back into another, or “ding” the car in the next parking spot when opening a door.
Deer and other animals on the road may cause accidents. These incidents often happen at wildlife crossings. They are also common in the country, where more wild animals live.
Many accidents result from a combination of things. Speeding, distracted driving, and poor conditions can all lead to a serious accident. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can have deadly results. You can reduce the risk of accidents by practicing safe driving behaviors. Be sure to obey traffic laws, and stay alert while on the road.
Whether it’s a hit-and-run or a head-on collision, an auto accident lawyer can help. They can fight for a reward that will cover your medical expenses. In Los Angeles County, The Capital Law Firm stands ready to help you get justice. When we fight for you, it’s personal!
What should I do after a car accident?
After a car accident, it’s essential to stay calm. Here are the steps to take to ensure your safety and protect your legal rights:
1. Check for Injuries. You might still be in a state of shock after the accident, but it is your main role to check if you are injured. If anyone is hurt, call 911 right away.
2. Move to a Safe Location. If possible, move your vehicle to the side of the road. This will help to prevent further accidents. Turn on your hazard lights to make your car more visible.
3. Exchange Information. At the accident scene, exchange contact information with the other driver. This includes your name, phone number, address, and insurance policy details. This information is what most car accident lawyers will ask you for.
4. Take Proper Documentation. If you can, use your phone to take pictures of the accident scene. Get photos of any vehicle damage and any visible injuries. This documentation can be a valuable resource later on.
5. Contact Law Enforcement. In Los Angeles, it’s good practice to call the police, even for minor accidents. The police will create an official accident report. This report will be used for insurance claims and any legal action you may take. In addition, calling the police may also help with crowd control if there are lots of people in the area after the occurrence of a motor vehicle accident.
6. Seek Medical Attention. Even if you don’t think you’re seriously hurt, see a doctor. Some injuries may not appear right away. A doctor will create a medical record, which may help your case later on.
7. Notify Your Insurance Company, but talk with a personal injury lawyer first. If you decide to work with a personal injury law firm, they will handle contacting your insurance provider on your behalf.
8. Limit Conversations. Watch your words and be cautious about what you say to the other party or their insurance company. Check with a car accident lawyer before you admit fault or provide statements to avoid any legal issues. The Capital Law Firm can guide you through in all areas of this process. We have the best car accident attorneys in Los Angeles California!
9. Contact a Reliable and Trusted Car Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles. Was the accident the other driver’s fault? Do you suspect the other driver was intoxicated? Struggling with insurance claims? Call The Capital Law Firm! It is our duty to provide you with essential guidance and protect your interests.
At The Capital Law Firm, we believe that working as a lawyer is not just a career. We care about each client and will make sure you receive the right compensation for your claim. We put our best foot forward and the reviews and successes of our legal team make us the best legal team in the community.
What are some common car accident injuries?
Car accidents can result in a wide range of injuries. In the most severe cases, they can result in traffic fatalities. Common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a sudden jerking of the neck during a car accident. It is common in rear-end accidents. Whiplash can lead to neck pain, stiffness, and headaches. This can reduce your range of motion and constant pain.
- Fractures: Broken bones in the limbs, ribs, or spine are common examples of injuries in auto accidents.
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Head injuries can range from mild to severe. A concussion is where impact leads the brain to hit the inner skull. Your symptoms will depend on which part of your brain is affected. A Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is much more serious. While concussions tend to have temporary effects, TBIs can be permanent. Your ability to think and move might never be the same.
- Back Injuries: Herniated discs, sprains, and strains can cause long-lasting back pain.
- Internal Injuries: The impact of a car accident might damage your internal organs. Your spleen, liver, or kidneys may be damaged. Internal injuries don’t always have symptoms right away.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Broken glass, metal, and debris can cause cuts to your skin.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue refers to your muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Any of these may be bruised or strained from a car crash.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Being in a car accident can be traumatic. It may lead to emotional injuries. You may develop anxiety or depression as a result. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) refers to reliving the accident in your mind. You may have trouble sleeping, or be troubled by nightmares.
- Burns: Burns may occur if a vehicle catches fire.
- Amputations: In severe car accidents, damage may be extreme. If your arm or leg has been crushed due to a car wreck, it may need to be removed (amputated).
Injuries may be mild or severe. It depends on the type of accident that has occurred. Injuries may also be affected by how fast the car was going, and whether you were wearing a seat belt. It is important to seek medical help right away, no matter what kind of injuries you have.
Why Choose The Capital Law Firm for Your Car Accident Claim?
Our firm has a proven track record with car accident cases. We have recovered millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. We make it a priority to protect our clients and fight for the best possible verdicts. When we fight for you, it’s personal!
WORK WITH AN ATTORNEY, NOT A “CASE MANAGER”
Many law firms will pass you off to other team members. These “case managers” work in a lawyer’s office, but they are not always attorneys. At The Capital Law Firm, our Managing Partner handles your case from beginning to end. He will be your main point of contact for your case.
NO FEES UNTIL WE WIN
We use a contingency fee basis. That means we only get paid if you receive money for your injury case. There are no up-front costs to worry about!
We have received many awards and recognitions. For example, The Capital Law Firm has received the Super Lawyers Rising Stars Award for many years. This is an honor reserved for the top 2.5% of attorneys below the age of 40.
CONFIDENTIAL SECOND OPINIONS
Do you need a second opinion? Our office is here to help, without obligation.
Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year-round. Rest assured that you can find the legal help you need outside of business hours.
Contact The Capital Law Firm: Best Car Accident Lawyers in Los Angeles
If you, a family member, or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, don’t wait!
Call The Capital Law Firm in Los Angeles for advice. Our experienced car accident lawyers are ready to help you. We can guide you through your case and get you the compensation and justice you deserve.
We aim to build your trust. Your peace of mind and fair compensation are our top priorities. The mission of our auto accident attorneys is to provide excellent legal expertise that results in winning by caring.
Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer: The Legal Process and Time Frames
The legal process for car accident lawsuits in Los Angeles typically follows this series of steps:
1. Initial Consultation: The most important thing you need to do after getting involved in a car accident is to speak to a car accident attorney. This consultation is usually free. The lawyer will listen to your account and decide if the case has merit.
2. Complaint Filing: If you decide to proceed with your claim, the lawyer files a formal complaint. This lets the party at fault know what they are accused of. It also lets them know what damages you are seeking.
3. Service of Process: The complaint is delivered to the at-fault party. They usually have 30 days to respond.
4. Discovery or Investigation: This step involves collecting and exchanging information. Witnesses will be interviewed. Both parties share the evidence they collect. This stage can take several months to complete.
5. Negotiations: Both parties will often try to negotiate first. Reaching a settlement out of court can save time and money. This can happen at any stage of the process.
6. Preparation for Trial or Litigation: If a settlement can’t be reached, the case goes to court. Preparing for a trial may take several months. Both parties prepare their arguments, evidence, and witnesses.
7. Trial: A trial date will be set. This may be a year or more after the accident. The trial itself may take several days to weeks.
8. Verdict and Appeal: After the trial, a judge or jury will deliver a verdict. If either party does not like the decision, they may appeal. This adds more time to the process.
The entire legal process can vary quite a bit. Shorter cases may take a few months. Complicated cases may last several years. Court schedules can also affect how quickly your case goes to trial.
It’s crucial to have an experienced car accident lawyer in Los Angeles to guide you through this process. The Capital Law Firm will ensure your rights are protected, and that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
What types of compensation am I entitled to?
You may be injured physically or emotionally from your car accident. You may also have many bills to pay. Getting the support of a skilled lawyer is essential to receiving payment for damages. The money that may be awarded to you is intended to offset the costs the accident has taken on your life.
There are many types of compensation you may receive as a result of your claim:
- Medical Expenses or Treatment: You may receive coverage for your medical costs related to the accident. This can include doctor visits and surgery. It can also include medication and rehabilitation.
- Ambulance Bills: Were you taken to the hospital in an ambulance after your accident? You may receive money to cover that cost.
- Hospital Bills: Did you have a hospital stay due to your car accident? You can sue to cover emergency room care, surgery, and overnight stays.
- Physical Therapy: Recovery is often a long process. You may need physical therapy to fully recover from your injuries. These appointments happen often, and the bills add up. Your lawyer can help you get money to cover these expenses.
- In-Home Care Services: After you come home from the hospital, you still may need care. If your injuries require in-home care, money may be awarded to cover the expense.
- Psychiatric Counseling: Car accidents can cause mental injuries, like anxiety or depression. You may need counseling to treat these forms of distress.
- Consultations with Specialists: You may need to see a specialist as a result of your car accident. These doctors can be expensive. Your lawyer can help you get funds to cover these costs.
- Property Damage: Was your car damaged in the accident? You may be awarded funds to fix or replace it. If other personal property was damaged from the crash, you may receive money for that too.
- Pain and Suffering: It is hard to put a dollar amount on the suffering your accident caused. Your attorney will help you fight for compensation for both physical and emotional pain. If a car accident has affected your daily actions, and your sense of enjoyment, and has given you trauma and a reason not to drive anymore, we are here for you. We’ll help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Lost Wages: Sometimes injuries result in victims missing work. You can seek money for this lost time during recovery. This includes past and future earnings.
- Punitive Damages: The person at fault for the accident may have been especially reckless. In rare cases, damages may be awarded to you to punish the at-fault driver for their behavior.
All these elements work together to give you a strong case and prove that the driver is in a fault state and has committed a violation of the traffic laws. It’s important to speak with a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles to review your specific case. Our team at The Capital Law Firm is driven to make sure you receive the full award you’re entitled to.
We care about helping you recover. We will help you learn about the legal process and guide you step by step. Whether negotiating with insurance companies or pursuing a lawsuit, we will fight for justice. And when we fight for you, it’s personal!
Best Car Accident Lawyer Los Angeles FAQs
I’m undocumented. Can you still take my case?
Yes, we can. You are entitled to seek compensation, whatever your legal status. Our main focus is on ensuring your rights are protected and getting you the compensation you deserve.
Can I get compensation for a car accident if I am partly to blame for it?
In California, you can still pursue payment, even if you are partly to blame. California follows the “comparative negligence rule.” This means if you were partly at fault, you can still receive a percentage of the compensation.
What if I was working at the time of my accident?
If you were injured in a car accident while working, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation. You may also be able to file a personal injury claim against the party at fault. We can help you explore both paths to get the most payment available to you.
Should I get a lawyer for a car accident that wasn’t my fault in California?
Yes! It’s a good idea to consult with a lawyer, especially for complicated cases.
What happens if you are at fault in a car accident in California?
If you are at fault in a car accident in California, several things may happen:
- Liability for Damages: You will be responsible for covering the damages to the other party. This may include paying for their car or property. It may also include any injuries they suffered.
- Insurance Implications: Your insurance premiums may go up. Being at fault can cause higher rates.
- Potential Lawsuits: The other party may file a personal injury lawsuit against you. They may seek compensation for their injuries. They may also want payment for damages, beyond what their insurance covers.
- Legal Penalties: Did you break any traffic laws? You may face citations, fines, or even criminal charges.
- Loss of Coverage: Your insurance company might drop you. This can make it challenging to find affordable coverage in the future.
It’s essential to report the accident to your insurance company. Cooperate fully with their process. But, consult an expert car accident lawyer as well.
How long does an accident stay on your record in California?
In California, an accident usually stays on your driving record for three years. The three-year period starts from the date of the accident. Why does this matter? Your record is available to insurance companies and the police. It will list the accident’s details, including whether you were at fault or not. The extent of damages, and any injuries, will be part of your driving history.
Having an accident on your driving record can affect your auto insurance rates. Insurers often use this information to determine risk. As time goes by, the impact of having an accident on your record may decrease. If you maintain a clean driving record after the accident, your rates may go down. It’s wise to review your driving record to ensure it is accurate. Be sure to address any mistakes with your insurance company.
How do car accident settlements work in California?
Settlements for car accidents and motorcycle vehicle accidents in California usually follow a process like this:
1. Notification and Investigation: After the accident, you or your attorney will inform the at-fault driver’s insurance company. They will then launch an investigation.
2. Negotiation: Your lawyer will talk with the insurance company to reach a settlement. This process can take time. The amount of damage and who is at fault need to be decided.
3. Acceptance or Rejection: Once a settlement offer is made, you can accept it or reject it. If you accept it, you’ll receive compensation. The case will then be closed.
4. Lawsuit: Negotiations can fail. If the offer is not enough, you may file a lawsuit. This begins formal legal proceedings. It is possible the case will end up in court.
5. Appeal: If either party is unhappy with the verdict, they can appeal the decision.
The length of the settlement process can vary. The extent of your injuries and arguments over who is at fault can draw out the process. Having a lawyer on your side is a smart decision. They can explain the process and make sure all documents are in order. The attorneys at The Capital Law Firm stand ready and able to get you the settlement you deserve!
Best Car Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
A car accident can be devastating and can turn your life story around. Car accidents can cause disability, trauma, and even death.
Have you suffered long-term disability as a result? Has your mental health declined? Are you in a place where you are traumatized to drive or be inside a vehicle? Whatever the case, you deserve a faithful ally to fight on your behalf for your rights.
At The Capital Law Firm, we offer the very best representation for our car accident victims. We understand that each car accident case is unique and our experienced attorneys have the knowledge and resources to win your case. We will get you the justice and fair compensation you deserve.
Don’t try to go it alone. If you or someone you know needs the help of a car accident lawyer in Los Angeles, call The Capital Law Firm. Our car accident attorneys are ready to be your trusted guides during this challenging time. We provide the education and support our clients need.
At The Capital Law Firm, we have had great success with car accident claims in LA. But it’s not just about money. We believe in winning by caring. When we fight for you, it’s personal.
Have questions? Contact us today to schedule an appointment!